We want to engage directly with people who want to be cared for in their own homes.
Our care service is well equipped to work with customers with dementia, Parkinson’s disease and old age related struggles. However, we understand that it is essential for these customers to be supported to maintain their sense of identity and feeling of self-worth. This is why Immediate Social Care provide a service that is flexible, understanding and person-centred
Reasons to choose Immediate Social Care:
We listen. We hold regular conversations and engage with our customers about daily activities whilst respecting their privacy and addressing their cultural and day to day care needs.
- Our personalised domiciliary service is based on our customer’s physical, emotional and mental requirements.
- We advocate on our customers’ behalf, liaising with outside agencies and health and social care professionals involved in our customers’ care.
- We provide consultancy advice and guidance on law, policies and provides funding advice around social care services.
- We monitor customers’ mental health and manage the risks in the community, giving support to our customers’ needs, working with the recovery principle to identify any relapse signs and address the customer’s social isolation.
- We help customers to remain in their homes. However, if a customer needs to be moved into a care home, we provide help and support for them and their families to manage the transition smoothly.
- Support for carers is vital for the well-being of everyone concerned; this is why we provide respite service to give carers a break.